Monday, August 5, 2024

Everything I do is wrong / contradicting opinions driving me insane

I am so lost with this stuff. I read many reputable sources and try to look at various perspectives on healthy eating, but it seems like every which way I put it, it's wrong:

  • If the food I prepare myself is too plain and boring, that's wrong because it will make adherence to the diet difficult. But then, if I add seasoning, herbs and spices, high quality ingredients etc it's a mistake again because it tastes so good that portion control becomes a real issue.

  • It is suggested by many sources to "fill up" on vegetables, things like r/volumeeating etc to add bulk and achieve satiety. In fact, many highly regarded sources use the word full or fullness in the context and/or even mention specific things like steel cut oats to literally "fell full" longer due to slow blood sugar release. Ok but then I do this and people say you're "not supposed to" be full or eat until fullness, just to not be hungry anymore. So either way is wrong then?

  • If I eat a large volume of vegetables to "feel full", I'll keep my stomach stretched, keep myself used to eating large mass of food, and I'll have real trouble adjusting to smaller portions, which in turn is also very important to actually eat less calories. So again, I feel like either way is wrong.

  • If I add anything dense in nutrients/calories like olive oil and avocado or nuts, that's the first thing people say to cut out to save calories. Then the next source says that is exactly what I need to eat because healthy fats induce satiety and that saves calories. So where am I at here, neither works?

  • It is said that a diet consisting of whole, unprocessed food with high protein and high fiber induces satiety and that this is the key to intuitive eating, weight loss etc.. But if (in calories) you can still overeat endlessly on such food that by itself is regarded as healthy, no source seems to have any plan B or answer in that case. It just concludes that no satiety is then my fault because I am still eating wrong, must have thyroid problems or too much stress/little sleep and mindfulness, but once that is looked at and ruled out, the road just ends with no plan B or answer and I am left struggling to identify where I made a mistake or how every single aspect of my life and diet can be so wrong and messed up.

I apologize if it comes off as a rant, but can anyone relate? It's like I take a left turn, get lost, go back and turn right and get lost again. Everything is wrong. Every choice is a mistake, every single thing ends with failure. I am just sad, unbelievably sad about it and not sure how to approach this without losing hope.

submitted by /u/ConsciousEquipment
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2F8pHSv

No comments:

Post a Comment