Saturday, August 17, 2024

14 days of vacation was the best thing in my weight loss journey!

I (F 19) started my weight loss journey around 4 months ago when I saw the scale is telling me I'm 163 pounds (74 kilograms). I'm five feet tall so I was technically obese. I've officially lost 21 pounds and I'm so happy for that.

I had a vacation coming up that i could NOT avoid. I was TERRIFIED of this vacation. I was afraid that i was gonna overeat and fuck up all my hard work.

I weigh everything with a kitchen scale and that was NOT available during my vacation. And I couldn't eat one big meal a day bc my extended family were there and i guess you all know how most people react to dieting. I decided that I'm gonna try my best to just eat small portions and I'm not gonna count the calories of my main meals. (I guess i should mention i rarely had any snacks during my vacation and when i did have snacks, I counted the calories of those snacks.)

Well the results were amazing. I realized that I'm not bad at guessing how much I should eat and I can maybe stop obsessing with my kitchen scale.

Keep in mind that I'm NOT saying using a kitchen scale is bad. It's a life saver and IMHO it's a MUST for people that wanna start their journey. But for those of you that have OCD (like me) and tend to obsess over weighing food, using a kitchen scale after some time MIGHT not be the best choice.

I realized that when I was so obsessed with weighing everything my brain was conditioned to believe that "if I eat less than 200 grams of white rice I'm not gonna be satisfied".

(In my culture, white rice is in ALL of our meals. So i basically cannot avoid it or "quit it")

But when i couldn't weigh my food, i ate way less than 200 grams of white rice and guess what? I was happy AND satisfied.

I did have 2 maintenance days on my vacation and unlike before i didn't feel guilty. (In my 4 months journey I only had 3 maintenance days). Also I did get to enjoy some ice cream on 2 days (didn't eat as much as everybody else though).

I came back from my vacation happy and satisfied. I also lost 2.5 pounds DURING my vacation. And I'm pretty sure it's not water weight or constipation weight bc i was not constipated and also it's been 6 days since I'm back and that 2.5 pounds is still gone!

submitted by /u/Upbeat_Taste_8653
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/X6BvGkh

No comments:

Post a Comment