Wednesday, August 21, 2024

I lost weight and then gained it back, feeling embarrassed and awful TW: body image issues

I (21f, 5.2ft) I started my weight loss journey in January at 62kg. From January to April, I lost 5kgs, from 62kg to 57kg. In the summer months, I had continuous internships, which were very strenuous, with me working about 12 hours a day, including the weekends (I wanted to get an offer of employment at the companies I was working at). I finally got offered a job at the company I worked at in June through my campus placement program. I’m grateful for the opportunity that I got and for the job security, but the stressful two and a half months have made me put on all the weight I lost. Particularly in late July, early August, I put on two kgs, from stress eating before my first ever set of job interviews.

Now, I just feel embarrassed to look at myself in the mirror, because I did it, I lost the weight and then just ruined my progress. I don’t feel confident in my body at all, and I feel horrible every time I eat anything remotely “unhealthy”. It got to the point where I starved myself for a day or two. This was especially concerning because it took me years to unlearn that starving like that is destructive. I feel horrible about myself and I can’t motivate myself to start again because I feel so discouraged.

My starting weight is again 62kg and I aim to lose 10kg. Any advice and tips to keep myself motivated would be helpful.

submitted by /u/gintokisundae
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/mRUFyK6

No comments:

Post a Comment