Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Self-Love and Weight Loss

This may be a little woo-woo for some (and too long for others) - if so, scroll on.

But for those who are into this side of things, I realised that it was only when I started to love myself, that the weight really started to come off.

I had tried to lose weight for some years. I did everything within my then tool box to lose weight and build up my fitness again. But as long as I was coming from a place of low self-worth, I was repeatedly sabotaging myself.

It was only when I decided to be grateful for and compassionate toward my ‘fat self’ that had eaten as a way to cope with very stressful life events, that things really started to shift and weight loss became almost effortless and fun.

As I worked on self-love and acceptance of myself as I was then my attitude shifted. I became much more focussed on the end result I wanted (rather than wallowing in self-pity about how hard the process is). I started to say thank you to my former fatter self AND to look forward to being in a healthier, fitter body, too.

I became more committed and consistent. I showed up for myself and was just more motivated - like there was a wind under my wings. I also moved from wishful, fantasy type cure-all remedies to actually putting in the work, exercising and counting calories..… and I started seeing real results!

To be clear, I started off overweight (not obese) and my process has been slow and gradual. No miracles here… but it kinda still feels magical!

I’ve lost 30+lbs in around 9 months (I’d been dabbling before that - but I’ll count this as the start). My focus is on building a satisfying, sustainable ‘skinny girl’ lifestyle that works for me (without feeling like ‘work’). That and finding ways to love me at any size.

So, yeah, I think for me this has been key: loving myself through this process, keeping it fun and staying focussed on the me I want to be.

What has most helped you, on this journey, mentally and emotionally? I’d love to hear!

Stats for those who like that: 49F; 5’8”; SW 180lbs; CW 144lbs; GW 135lbs

submitted by /u/Sunshine_and_water
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/FfCSdbt

No comments:

Post a Comment