Monday, August 19, 2024

My experience with tapering off of antidepressants in relation to weight loss

I’m making this post to see if anyone relates. I’ve been on a weight loss journey since 2023 but just recently have I actually been able go below 169. I’m 26F 5’8 and 166 for reference but just a month ago I was 179. I weighed up to 195 when I originally started my journey in early 2023 and the lowest weight I was able to maintain was 169 but it honestly felt impossible to stay that weight. After tapering down to lowest dosage and then just eventually getting of the medication altogether I experienced a whooshing effect without even trying that hard. This meant seeing a dip in number on the scale ever few days. I’m curious to know if there is a scientific explanation behind antidepressants making weight loss slower? because I honestly feel like I have been eating more recently.

submitted by /u/Instantshame789
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/VSFRwPY

No comments:

Post a Comment