Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Help with weight loss plateau

Hi folks,

as the questions states, I've been in a weight loss plateau for what I consider to be about 4 months now.

For reference, I'm a 24 year old Male, weighing 176-180lbs. My ideal weight is around 167lbs but I cannot push below 80kg.

Previously I was weight training 4x per week: push, pull, legs, full body. With 20-40 mins of moderate cardio (usually cycling), 10k steps daily. I got down to about 74kg following this. My caloric intake varied depending on a work/rest day but was typically 1400 - 1800 kcals (I bloat and maintain weight easily, so this was advised by my online coach at the time.

Now I weight train 3x per week: Push, Pull, Legs (progressively overloading weight and making consistent strength improvements) 20-30mins of cardio on training days. 40-60 mins on off days (expect for 1 day per week), 8k-10k steps and a bodybalance class on Wednesdays followed by cardio. Kcals within this range.

I eat a high amount of protein (40g proteinpowder serving with breakfast, typically 35g of oats and 100g of berries w/ water)

Lunch 150-200g chicken breast (seasoned but not with pre-made sauces etc so low cals), mixed salad (beetroot, cucumber, onion, lettuce, sweetcorn, about 100g)

Dinner 150-200g chicken breast, 150g of same salad or mixed frozen veg, sometimes 40g brown rice.

Snacks are: bourbon biscuit, Bombay mix, ice cream (Not all in the same day of course, typically 1 bisc, 30g of bombay mix, or 75g ice cream.

Typically, I will go to the higher end of cals on a training day, and lower on cardio/rest days.

With this output & calorie levels I question why I am stuck in a plateau, unless I am missing something super obvious? Naturally, the first place to look is calories, which I do. Regularly track, keep a particular eye out on weekends etc. I'm very good at saying no to things.

Training, I do feel challenged, each day I am pushing my upper limit, working with strength & hypertrophy ranges, aiming for the higher end of rep ranges before increasing weight.

Cardio I get my heart rate between 140-160bpm.

So, yeah.

I just wonder, with this information is there anything I'm missing? I'm sick of seeing love handles and a pouchy stomach and have lost the weight before. Any help would be grand.

submitted by /u/RipsterGod
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Zd0hnoP

No comments:

Post a Comment