Monday, August 19, 2024

People “jealous” of weight loss

Hello! Around January 2023 I started to lose significant amounts of weight without any explanation. In January 2024 I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease that was determined to be the root of the weight loss. I took this as an opportunity to change my eating habits and lose weight healthily. Because of my disease I cannot eat most foods and eating has become a miserable experience for me. I'm stuck eating the same 3 meals everyday and cannot keep food down some days.

I started at 195 and have now reached 140, so 55 pounds of weight overall.

After I dropped a noticeable amount of weight I started to receive comments on it from so many people. On one hand they felt validating, but the way people talked about it made me very upset and uncomfortable.

People would ask me how I lost the weight and I was always honest with them-- I am sick, and my disease prevents me from eating almost everything, and that has caused me to lose the weight.

This is almost always met with comments like "I'm sooo jealous; you are lucky; that seems like a blessing; I wish I had something to prevent me from eating the foods I like; etc" People have also started to be rude to me about it and comment on my eating patterns at social events.

I don't understand why people say these things. I am not lucky to have a disease. I am not lucky to miss out on eating foods that taste good.

Even though my weight loss has been intentional to a degree I just wish people would understand and take me seriously when I tell them that it wasn't "easy".

submitted by /u/catsforthewinn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/k35yqMz

No comments:

Post a Comment