Sunday, August 18, 2024

Feeling conflicted

SW 240 CW 190 GW 145-155

29 F 5'6

Hi all! I'm 11 months postpartum and have lost about 50lbs so far from my highest weight of 240. My pre pregnancy weight was 182, I was in the middle of a weight loss journey from gaining weight during COVID I went from 160 to 200. Growing up I was always thin and did sports (not by choice) my lowest at 5'6 was 120. That being said, now I spend a lot of time beating myself up on how I got here and what I did to my body. I went from one disordered eating (undereating) to another (overeating) and I just feel so disappointed in myself. I can't believe I've been overweight for almost 4 years. I know I shouldn't expect to get thinner overnight since I didn't gain all this weight over night.

What about this journey that's going well:

I'm slowly trying to build up healthy habits and daily movement that will be sustainable in the long term. Right now I've been consistently going on walks for at least 20 mins a day and another workout for 20-40 mins so an hour of activity 5x a week.

Food is the big one for me. I can't count calories because of my past, I know it would send me into an obsessive spiral. I've been mainly focusing on portion sizes, Whole Foods and high protein.

Recently a family friend saw me and commented that I'm looking good. It feels nice to be recognized but that the same time I'm so uncomfortable with my body and current size.

Sorry for venting!! I'm sure a lot of people relate and feel similar! Losing weight and having body issues feels so vulnerable.

submitted by /u/Traditional_Bee_3467
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/HifMzT9

No comments:

Post a Comment