Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Really struggling tonight

Long story short, I'm going camping and fishing with my dad and brothers this weekend. We're going on a trip that requires lots of hiking and waders. I've been really looking forward to it because with my weight loss so far, my body hurts less and it's easier for me to hike.

My dad bought me a pair of waders, my first pair - I'm a beginner fly fisherman. I was so excited! But they don't fit. I couldn't even get them up past my hips. I feel so embarrassed. I have to exchange them for a men's pair in hopes there's more room around the waist and my dad has the receipt so I have to explain they're too small and get it from him.

I feel so discouraged! I've lost 50 pounds and I'm still too fat to fit in something as simple as a pair of waders. I feel like no one understands how frustrated and defeated I feel. I'm ashamed I let myself get to the point I did; I still have another 80 pounds to lose before I'm at my final goal. No one GETS IT. They tell me I should celebrate what I've lost so far but I'm not even halfway to my goal and it's been 14 months! I know they mean well and unless you have also been on a massive weightloss journey yourself, you don't really understand how daunting/discouraging it can be, but I feel like giving up.

Tomorrow I'll continue on, but tonight is hard. Thanks for letting me vent.

submitted by /u/Wolverine112416
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/DKUpWXG

No comments:

Post a Comment