Sunday, August 11, 2024

Starting to be happy with my appearance

31 M, 5'7, now 190 lbs

I've been on a weight loss journey for the last 5 months and have now lost 72 lbs.

Over the years I have never been my own priority as I have had to deal with a lot of issues and trauma. I've completely let myself go and I've always had pretty bad body dysmorphia.

I decided to finally make some major changes, and prioritize myself for once. With caloric restriction (about 1600/day), daily cardio and many workouts throughout the week, I'm now not too far from the weight I really wanted.

I'm pretty proud of myself because I never thought I would be able to lose this much weight consistently. I also had to redo my wardrobe as pretty much everything was 2 to 3 sizes too big.

As the title says, the best part isn't the numbers themselves, but the fact that I can finally appreciate myself in the mirror. I think I'm more confident overall in my life, and people have said I've changed more than just physically in a positive way.

Anyway, to everyone in the same boat, keep up the good work! Have the motivation to set a goal and the discipline to achieve it. 💪

submitted by /u/Dyon_Hisos
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/lnYR40s

No comments:

Post a Comment