Sunday, July 14, 2019

Advice for someone not in control of meals

I'm an undergrad student at college, just finished my freshman year in May, and I've been home for the summer since. I'm required to be on a full meal plan when I'm at school, and it's pretty difficult to find consistently healthy foods at the dining hall. I did my best last year, but it was a struggle and more often than not I had to compromise and eat whatever was there, which wasn't always, like, spinach and quinoa lmao. I gained about 10 pounds over the course of my first year, and probably would've gained more if I hadn't been exercising nearly every day.

Now that I'm back home, I'm able to eat more fruits/veggies as my snacks, but I'm still not in control of my meals. My mom cooks my family's meals and even though I'm technically an adult, I can't choose what I eat here. I'm really grateful to my mom for cooking for me and I love her food, but it's not exactly diet-friendly. We're Filipino and it's very carb-heavy—I eat rice (white) at least once a day, usually twice. It's just part of the meal, and I'm not allowed to refuse it or else my mom gets upset or accuses me of trying to starve myself.

I guess I'd like to know if anyone has any advice for maintaining a healthy diet which also supports stable weight loss when you don't have much control over your diet. Food is such a crucial part of health/fitness and I really want to start making some long-term changes, but sometimes it feels impossible or like I can't start until I graduate and move out of the house. Thanks for any feedback!

submitted by /u/lordazula
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Gcj4qO

No comments:

Post a Comment