Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Down 17 pounds. On the home stretch!

Been a while since I posted here, so I figured I’d pat myself on the back for getting things on track again.

17 pounds is just over 10% of my body weight. I’m 66” tall, and started out at 167. At 150 pounds, I’m starting to get to a point where clothes aren’t feeling so tight anymore. It hasn’t been a huge drop. I really give props to some of you who have completely transformed your bodies! I can’t even imagine the patience needed for that.

I’ve been dieting for around 14 weeks, so averaging just under 1.5 pounds per week lost...which I’m satisfied with considering my physical activity level hasn’t changed much, and I’m pretty consistent with the CDC’s weight loss rate recommendation.

I wish I could share some super secret tricks with you all on what I’ve been doing, but really, I just had to become aware of what I was eating, and track everything in MFP. I don’t have time to track every carb, calorie, or fat gram I eat. I’d rather just track something in an app, and treat it like a video game...keeping the blue bars down!

After a week or two I became savvy enough to be able to quickly identify what wasn’t good for me by glancing at a nutrition label. I know my sodium limit is 2300mg. Do I really need to add 1800mg from soy sauce on my brown rice?

Sugary beverages, and fast food were completely blocked. I’ve cheated occasionally with beer. On the fourth for example, I had beer, hot dogs, all kinds of unhealthy foods. I try not to let dieting become a downer on celebratory events, and accept the impact it’ll have when I get on the scale. This week I didn’t even lose one pound.

Not really sure where I’ll stop! I’m thinking 140, but I’ve been 135 before and felt great. I think it depends on my physique. Belly fat has been the slowest thing to go. I’m leaner in the face, neck, and love handle area, but I’d like to start working on toning my abdomen.

Hopefully another 5 weeks or so and I’ll be done losing, and can rebuild!

submitted by /u/Opoyu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2G51h4U

No comments:

Post a Comment