Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Had a great personal victory this week!

I technically started my weightloss journey back in January at 311.8lbs.

It wasn't the heaviest I've ever been, but it was close enough that I was unhappy. What I didn't realise at the time was that I have been going through an untreated depressive episode that started last year around this time, and was slowing eroding all of my previous progress. Since January, I'd been having various ups and downs, but kept overall well enough on track.

Right up until my city's Burger Week, where all the local restaurants put on specialty burgers. I freaking love me some burgers, so as you can imagine I derailed hard back in April when that happened. This has been a constant pattern in my life, having success until there's some kind of derailing event and then it is all brownies and burgers. I had/have some serious body image issues that came from the weight gain. Clothes didn't fit, I didn't feel attractive, I wasn't attentive to my partners, etc. It was not a good time. But that's all a tale for a different subreddit and a different time.

I restarted at the beginning of June at exactly 300.0lbs, not sure how the numbers lined up, but I dug it. My coworkers know that I'm trying to lose weight and get fit. I ended up taking the whole of last week off for reasons. Car troubles, dental appointments, therapy, etc. Busy week. So I'm back in the office this week and one of my coworkers interrupts me as I'm checking in and seeing what I missed.

"Have you lost weight? Because I can see it in your face."

I legitimately almost cried. No one has ever in my life randomly commented on my weight loss or progress. Ever. Family and partners? Yes okay, but a work friend that you only see at lunch sometimes? Yeah that's a new one for me.

So don't lose hope if your weight loss journey isn't linear, mine certainly hasn't been over the course of my life, but stick with it and you'll get there! Stalls and gains happen. Derailments happen.

Keep getting up. As many times as it takes.

submitted by /u/Gunstling
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GibNpn

No comments:

Post a Comment