Saturday, July 20, 2019

Losing Weight Without Noticing

Hello, I hope you’re all having a good day! This is my first time on reddit and i just made this account cause i heard of r/loseit through LukeNarhwal which have been a part of my motivation to lose more weight/maintain current weight. I wanna share my story in hopes of being like one of those weight loss stories that younger me desperately read as a motivation to not grab those chips in the middle of the night. I’m not really good at sharing experiences but I’ll try.

Ever since I was in elementary, I was already fat. I didn’t really care that much, my focus was on studies and how to aim for 1st place in class cause bringing ribbons and medals home made my grandma really happy. It wasn’t until high school that I started noticing how more people were making me aware of my weight. The worst part about it is that my weight was mentioned as a constant comparison when anyone of my friends complain about adding pounds. Words such as: “ Nah, just look at OP” or “Yeah, but only a bit, you’re still thinner than OP” all followed by a relief of sigh of the person really just gets to you sometimes. And classmates acting like there’s an earthquake going on whenever you pass by them in the hallway just crushes your confidence.

I’ve tried different kinds of diets before, tried exercises, but it all ended up in binge eating. Food just makes you forget the stress of life. I loved it but hated it at the same time. I love it for the happiness it gave me, but hated it for the weight it gave me.

After everything I went through, I guess one day I just snapped and decided to lose some weight, this time for good. I tried to limit my calorie intake under 2,000 calories and did one type of exercise everyday. Yeah, it’s not much, but one exercise didn’t really take too much of my energy which would help in thinking less about food.

Little by little, I didn’t notice but I started losing the weight. I also reduced my calorie intake the longer I was in that diet. It came to the point where it’s not too hard anymore and my stomach would feel bad if I ate like how I used to. After some time, people started telling me I lost weight, some even asked if I drank slimming pills and such but I didn’t believe them. I was still fat in my eyes and I had to lose more weight. I haven’t been actively keeping track of my weight so when I was weighed by a hospital staff during check-up at the hospital, I was shocked to hear that I was 47kg. I thought maybe the scale was broken but it wasn’t. I wanted to cry then but I controlled myself to avoid embarrassment. I don’t know why, but for the first time in years, I felt light.

Right now, my calorie intake is limited to 1,500 for 6 days a week and have a “don’t measure what you eat but don’t eat too much” day once a week.

Those 6 days could consist of:

Breakfast: Chips and/or chocolate cookies

Lunch: Rice and whatever side dishes available (no second serving of rice but side dishes could be as much as you want until the rice is all eaten)

Dinner: Any kind of sweet stuff or crackers/1 or 2 slices of pizza

~ Basically, I eat anything I want/crave for the day but never go over the 1,500 calorie limit~

During that diet, i haven’t been eating too much healthy food and veggies. And to be honest, my 1,500 calorie intake consisted mainly of snacks, that’s why I wasn’t hoping to lose a lot of weight. But here I am now. I guess the lesson I learned is that a bag of chips a day isn’t bad, too much bag of chips a day is.

submitted by /u/lonely_lonelywhale
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LZkQPL

No comments:

Post a Comment