Monday, July 22, 2019

Love yourself like Lizzo

I'm sure that everyone here knows that the right mental attitude is one of the fundamental building blocks to any substantial change that you want to make in your life, both on and off the scales. It's tough to keep going with something that can be draining both physically and mentally, so you have to have the right motivation and drive to keep heading towards whatever goal you have.

I was listening to Lizzo's album earlier (specifically Soulmate, which you should definitely check out) and she gave me a renewed perspective for my current weight loss journey. Yes, it's very important for me to shift a few pounds and become fitter - I don't want to forever be breathless when taking my daily walk uphill - but I have to love myself for who I am now. The girl who I'll be when I have lost a few dozen pounds will have more than enough love and pride for every version of herself for having reached her goals.

I am my own soulmate, because I believe that no-one else is as capable to have as much love for myself other than me.

So when I look at myself in the mirror now, I don't see two separate versions of myself anymore - meaning the woman who I am and the woman who I am going to be. I see myself as I am now with all of my unique qualities, just with a bit of extra padding that I know will shift eventually. It's more important to lose the unhealthy mindset when it comes to self esteem than losing the weight itself, because losing the extra chub will be a byproduct of your newfound happiness.

There are still days where I feel down, but I'll be damned if every other day I'm not looking into the mirror and saying, "damn, she's cute as hell!"

Thanks Lizzo. I'll be walking around today with extra pep in my step because my badass self is only going to get better from today.

submitted by /u/shelooksconfused
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Gq2Avf

No comments:

Post a Comment