Saturday, July 13, 2019

Nsv Surprise benefit to weight loss, healthcare

Instead of just obsessively reading every entry I decided to contribute something at four am instead of refreshing.

I’ve lost 70 pounds since November. And I’m only two pounds away from being overweight!

Which was going to be my major nsv post. I just did some pretty strict CICO with around 1300 but ate at maintenance for three months in there. Basic. Exercising which has been great for how good I look and my mood, as well as meeting new people.

But honestly I don’t feel that different. I don’t walk around noticing that I’m thinner, I don’t really see it. Partly because I’m not actually thin yet, I’ve sort of hit “normal” in a size 14. Other people notice, I get hit on, everyone is nicer, My personal favorite part is cuter clothes.

But the point of the entry is that on Monday my right leg quit moving and I had to go to the ER. It had come mostly back online by the time I got there. But the doctor still believed me. He kept looking at my stats and saying “you’re too healthy for this to have happened” (what would he have thought if I were 70# fatter?). The nurses were nice. I had to get an emergency MRI. I cannot imagine fitting in that tube with 70 more pounds.

TLDR; It turns out I have a tumor pressing on my spinal cord, and will need surgery in the next two weeks. The neurosurgeon just casually said, “the number one factor in a patient’s recovery is their weight and health at the beginning of the surgery. You’ll do great.”

And that was it. That was my moment when it all felt worth something.

Also, if at all possible. Get health insurance.

submitted by /u/13ne1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JwX8bP

No comments:

Post a Comment