Saturday, May 1, 2021

My family makes fun of my weight even though I have been working hard for the past month and lost about 10lbs. Need some kind words.

So I am 5'6. SW: 165 lbs CW: 156 GW: 132

I started my weight loss journey and overall fitness journey on 24th March. I started running in the morning, Yoga, and abs and legs in the evening. I also started eating healthy, taking protein, and noted everything I ate. I have exercised for 30 days straight now and never binged once on unhealthy snacks. I lost about 10lbs(4kgs) in one month doing all this. I know that losing this much weight won't show any difference yet but I feel stronger anyways. So I am proud of myself.

But my siblings still make fun of me. They do it even more than before. I try to wake up earlier than them so that I can work out in peace. Today I was a bit late and was preparing to do Emi Wong's abs and legs workout when my brother walked in and said " why are you watching all these fit girls doing workout? You should watch someone who is fat like you." I said to him that it'll take some time but I'll also start looking like her. So he went on to say that nothing is going to change in your body. Your body has already given up. See now you have fat coming from your sides pointing to my love handles. To change the topic I said I might start doing calisthenics to build muscle and he again made fun of me saying you can't do shit. I was embarrassed and in tears. He left but I couldn't bring myself to do the workout because I was so sad.

In the evening my sister was watering the plants and I stepped on the pipe by mistake. My sister shouted angrily " Get off the pipe you elephant." She could have said anything but she had to say something like this. Even though they all know I wake up at 5 AM to go running. I am eating healthier than them all. My sister is just (11lbs)5 Kgs lighter than me and she has no strength at all. She can never keep up with me while doing workouts.

I have heard these comments all my life. But can't they see I am trying to make an effort here. I have started running for god's sake. I have social anxiety but still, I get out every day and pass those judgy looks coz I am trying. I am trying. Please I need some kind words today. I need to get up tomorrow and run again. Thank you

submitted by /u/mirage1197
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ucBtut

No comments:

Post a Comment