Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Anyone had success losing weight while having (mild) depression symptoms?

So I experience depression and I am taking meds and in therapy for it. Things are WAY better than they were for me mentally than just a few years ago (not suicidal, able to work and have relationships). That being said I know I depend on food to make me feel better any time I am down. I still feel down to an extent and it always messes up my weight loss efforts. Things matter less so I give in to cravings and stop pursuing my goals. Also I have not had success in swapping out other things I enjoy to comfort me instead of food because I struggle to be interested in most things. I have had a long and difficult road with meds to get to this level of stability so I am very wary of shaking up my medication to try and treat this lack of interest. When I talk to my therapist about my food dependence issues she recommends I try to pinpoint what I am feeling that is making me want to eat. I do that now but it doesn’t stop me. Has anyone else had success under these circumstances? Or did your depression symptoms have to be completely gone before you could make lasting change?

submitted by /u/heyhoveringsombrero
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3AfACfB

No comments:

Post a Comment