Thursday, September 16, 2021

Rapid weight loss: a few questions

Hello, my first time on this sub here. Glad to have found such a positive community. I started my serious weight loss journey about two months back. Currently 22kgs down (113kgs -> 91kgs). I’m from the beautiful state of Kerala in southern India.

My journey involved dieting (with the help of a professional nutritionist) and cycling (120km / week on average). At this point I had two major questions:

  1. I have bad posture. Slouching, rounded shoulders and duck-foot. Many of this was a consequence of being obese through puberty, and also because of my sedentary lifestyle. Now that I’ve finally lost a lot of weight, the slouching looks worse. I’d like to make a change but no idea where to start. I would prefer to get professional help for the same but do I visit an orthopaedic, a chiropractor or a physiotherapist?

  2. How do I determine my Goal Weight? I’m told that the BMI is a very crude indicator and is highly unreliable. Which is more so in my case because I had significant muscle mass than the average obese person owing to a few years in the gym and calisthenics. Any input on this would be lovely.

Also I would love to answer any question on my journey as well. Thanks!

submitted by /u/mhdbilal11
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3tNImTx

No comments:

Post a Comment