Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Weight gain with a calorie deficit?

I'm 260 pounds and have been trying to build muscle while also lose weight. However, I've been having many days where I will eat in a caloric deficit and I gain 1.5 - 2.5 pounds when weighing in the next morning.

Yesterday, for example, I was at 258 in the morning. I intermittent fasted so I didn't eat anything all day until dinner time (6pm). Then I ate 1500 calories. When including the calories burned from exercising, we're looking at a solid 1800 calorie deficit. I weighed in this morning at 260.8 pounds. 2.8 pounds heavier. I was shocked because I thought between the heavy exercising I did, calorie deficit, and IF, that it would be a solid weight loss day.

I totally get that sometimes weight loss and muscle building can conflict in the sense that muscle adds weight and is most efficiently done with a caloric surplus.

But is it expected that muscle building can actually add 2-3 pounds in one day?! Or is this possibly the combination of water retention and muscle building? Could doing intermittent fasting have caused this?

submitted by /u/brodude95
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3AbXa0Q

No comments:

Post a Comment