Tuesday, September 14, 2021

How does severe iron deficiency affect weight loss? Anyone know anything about this

I recently discovered I am severely iron deficient but NOT anemic (normal hemoglobin but incredibly low ferritin level of 5ug/uL). I have wondered for so long why I am so tired when i am very much used to working out for hours. It became harder and harder to workout and during the lockdown I stopped completely. The entire summer I have been forcing myself to do the hours I used to do and I have lost 30 pounds in 3 months. I am still exhausted and just got prescribed some heavy supplements for iron and vitamin c through my doctor. I know it will take some weeks for them to work enough for it to make a difference. Is anyone familiar with this ?

What side effects does low ferritin/ low iron have on weight loss? Can it slow metabolism? My TDEE was measured at 2800 calories a day at the start of my weight loss through a dietician laboratory.

submitted by /u/thisaintasurfinmovi3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3zc8uc3

No comments:

Post a Comment