Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Carbs/Drinking and weight loss?

Hey everyone, I’m new to this subreddit but I’ve began losing weight last August. I’m a 28 year old male and have been overweight for the majority of my life (since I was about 8 or 9 years old to be exact), mostly due to binge eating disorder. In August just a few days before my birthday I decided I was tired of being overweight and hating how my body looked, so I started seeing a medical weight loss doctor in my area. My results have been great so far, I started at 246 pounds and currently weigh 218 pounds, I could have lost more by now but I plateaued a bit over Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year’s, however I am now back on track. Since seeing my medical weight loss doctor I have been advised to stick to a high protein and low carb diet, counting my calories with MyFitnessPal, and have been taking prescribed Phentermine and Phendimetrazine everyday from the doctor to suppress my appetite. As of late I’ve been finding it very hard to consistently eat low carb meals every single day, maybe I’m just running out of ideas, but will eating things like bread and potatoes really slow my weight loss down like all the staff at the doctors office keep telling me? I had always thought it was just calories that counted. Also, is alcohol really as detrimental to weight loss as people say it is? I like to go out with friends and drink beers and have a good time, but I feel like this weight loss program I’m in is forcing me to be a hermit and stay home and have no life because drinking and going out to eat is often a social aspect of life for me as it is for many people. Sorry for such a long post but I would love to hear other thoughts on these topics as I bounce back from my plateau and keep moving down from 218 to my goal weight (190). Thanks everyone!

submitted by /u/mdez93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/AyNbEu1

No comments:

Post a Comment