Friday, February 18, 2022

Disappointed with lack of progress

Hey everyone, I’m a bit nervous as it’s my first post here (and on Reddit) but I need some help/advice.

I’ve struggled with being overweight and eating poorly since I was a child. I’ve always been the largest in my class, friend group etc. I’m tall (5’10) and have always been overweight. In 2017, I was depressed and gained a lot of weight - at my highest weight I was about 220 pounds. However, a year later (2018), I lost about 40 pounds without much effort. I ate a bit better, but my diet was still pretty bad, though I did walk a lot.

From June 2019 to June 2021, I was very depressed and coped with food (just like 2017). I gained 40 pounds in 2 years, and am now the heaviest I’ve ever been at 230 pounds. It’s affected my health and my doctor has told me I need to lose at least 10% of my bodyweight.

For the past 3 months, I’ve been tracking everything I eat through the Lose It app. Originally I had it set to 1800 calories, but I wasn’t losing anything, so a month ago I set my activity to “sedentary” (which is accurate anyways) and I now aim to eat about 1500-1600 calories a day. But I’m still not losing weight. I’ve lost a few inches off of my chest and waist (assuming I measured correctly) but my weight hasn’t budged, and I look the exact same in my “progress” photos from January and now. I’m getting super discouraged, and have already gone way over my calorie limit this week. I’m eating so much less than I used to (when I was gaining weight), plus I’ve cut out or reduced other things (less sugar in my coffee, no Starbucks, way less snacking and frozen food) but I’m not seeing any results. It’s frustrating too because a few years ago, I seemed to lose weight without changing much, but now I’m trying so hard and getting no results.

I also like spinning as a workout, but it doesn’t seem to be contributing at all to my weight loss. I’ve read that weightlifting is better for fat loss - does it have to be heavy weights at the gym? Or can it be body weight workouts, or dumbbell workouts?

Hoping for some advice/encouragement. Has anyone else been in this situation, and if so, what helped you? Is it worth getting a Registered Dietician, or will they just tell me standard advice (eat less, eat better and workout more)?

Thanks in advance :)

submitted by /u/globalgal22
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/H9bKwoe

No comments:

Post a Comment