Friday, February 25, 2022

Welp, I've given up...

I lost a good chunk of weight. I'm super proud of that and kept most of it off thru the pandemic, but my true goal is to get at least under 200. I'm 35 lbs away!

I just cannot do it. I took a break for maintenance and then came back this October and to this date, I've only lost 5 lbs. And yes, I can acknowledge the fact that 5 lbs lost is better than nothing, but that is crazy slow weight loss and yes, I know my hashimoto's makes it slow.

So at my wellness check, I told my doctor that I need help. The nurse was nice and asked if I wanted medication or if I wanted a dietitian, and I said, I would like to try a dietitian so I can learn more and ask questions when I get confused. She put in a referral and I'm going to see her on Tuesday.

Part of me felt shame for admitting that I need more help or direction than the wealth that's online. The other part of me says that even just having a third party that'd educated telling me that I'm doing the right things or that I need to refocus here or work on this will be so helpful to me.

TLDR: I've given up on trying to grind thru this weight loss period and am working on giving in to the idea I need some help.

Anyone who has seen a dietitian that can provide helpful advice? (Please no negative, I am trying to keep my already shameful thinking open).

submitted by /u/Sjb1985
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7Sr39RN

No comments:

Post a Comment