Friday, February 18, 2022

You can do it!

You really can do it. I know some of you need to hear this! I started my weight loss journey on April 20th, 2021 and I am closing in on my 1-year mark. I started at 205 - 31% body fat and right now am 177 - 20% body fat.

Why? This is the most important thing about a journey. If you don't have a strong enough reason why you are doing something it will not last and you will look for shortcuts. My why is because I know I can and I want to prove it to myself every single day. I do not care what other people think or care for positive or negative feedback. This is for me and what I think of myself. By proving this to myself every day I can achieve happiness every day even if my goal is a long time away.

How? This is the second most important thing about your journey. You need to be at least 80-90% consistent with whatever you find out works for you on a weekly basis. It should take forever to do this depending on how far away from your goal you are. Don't try to go lose more than 1 pound per week, 4 pounds per month, 52 pounds per year maximum( I am probably only going to lose 30 pounds in a year and went many weeks without losing weight ). I am going to tell you that you need to exercise, eat right, and recover(sleep well) but not how to do each of those. Find what is best for you in those 3 categories and be consistent.

Balance Listen, eating the right food, getting in the right exercises for the right amount of time, and getting enough sleep is very time-consuming on a daily basis. The journey is going to be very long and you need to be extremely consistent. The only way to do this is to enjoy every minute of it. If you would only be happy with your end goal and can't enjoy the steps on the way there you will suffer(even if the scale or mirror doesn't show progress). If you suffer you will avoid doing what is necessary and look for shortcuts or stop. Or even worse, you will regress to be beginning of your journey or go further in the wrong direction and this will make enjoying what you do 10 times harder which leads to suffering. Find the right balance that makes you consistent on a weekly basis.

Your body takes care of you every day and you need to take care of it. You only get 1.

Tell me your why, and how!

submitted by /u/weareallgoinmakeit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/9G8MnwO

No comments:

Post a Comment