Thursday, February 24, 2022

Micro-wins: my wedding ring is back on my ring finger!

It has been a year and a half since I took off my wedding rings due to my weight gain and excessive swelling of my extremities but I was finally able to put on one of my wedding rings onto my ring finger! Currently have lost 25lbs since December 29th.

The past few years have been a roller coaster of events; back to back pregnancies, postpartum depression, laid off, job search, new job, hated new job, found another new job, licensing for job, reorganization at the new job, massive layoffs(me not affected but feel the trickle down effects of it), and just trying to juggle being a good parent, better wife, all while trying to make more money to support my family become financially secure; I haven’t had time to focus on myself. Clothes don’t fit right so I don’t feel like myself. I was getting frustrated with myself for looking /feeling like an absolute slob all the time and being sluggish.

I have previously tried making a lifestyle change before and have been unsuccessful due to the lack of commitment. I have been making excuses on why I wouldn’t go to the gym like “I don’t have the right shoes”, “I don’t have earbuds to listen to music”, “there’s other people at the gym”, “I don’t have a good sports bra”, etc. I’ve been joking about getting a peloton and finally bought one at the end of November. With the holidays and vacation, I ended up riding maybe 3 or 4 times for December. I stepped on a scale while I was on vacation and was astounded that I was the heaviest I have ever been, 235lbs, but I really realized how bad it was when I saw Christmas pictures with my kids. I looked absolutely wrecked; tired, bloated, unhappy. I was tired of feeling like this.

I started working out once I returned from vacation in January. Started small with 15 - 20 minutes classes on the Peloton 3 days a week and started an intermittent fasting schedule. I measure out my cereals with a measuring cup instead of filling the bowl till it looks about right. I am mindful to pick healthier options but allow myself to enjoy meals with friends so it doesn’t feel like a strict meal plan. Have been eating a lot less processed foods and cut back on my sweets as well.

By the end of January, I had cycled a little over 150 miles for the month. For the month of February, I challenged myself to ride every single day and as of tonight, have ridden over 250 miles to date for this month! Weight loss has been a much slower this month than last month but I’m feeling stronger, healthier, and more motivated than ever.

I continuously have to remind myself, “this is not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change.”

submitted by /u/julibytes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/VugyvJW

No comments:

Post a Comment