Monday, February 28, 2022

Mid 40s tall dude (6’5”) joining you all on the journey…

This pandemic hey? Jeeeeeeez. Put on more weight than I’d realised. Said, probably, most people in the last 6 months.

Have just committed to this weight loss journey and I have a question (below)… but first, my story in a nutshell, for context (and in case it inspires anyone in a similar position):

As the title says, I’m a guy who somehow is now in his mid-40s. How did that happen? 6’5”… and I’ve always liked to think of myself as relatively fit and healthy, as I used to do plenty of physical activities every week, but the pandemic put an end to most (or, all) of them, soooo… here we are. Weighed myself about 10 days ago and was quite upset. 115kgs - when I used to be a lot closer to 100. Also attempted to take a pic of myself. That didn’t go well. Gave me the kick I needed to find you guys!

I’ve already taken steps to get back to healthy activities - screw you, pandemic! - I’m playing tennis every week (as well as golf which I already play regularly, going to the driving range every week over winter).

But that alone isn’t enough, I realised. So I downloaded the LoseIt app and told it to take my money. Set my ‘not overly aggresive’ target as 99.9kgs which it said would be about 15 weeks (I’m not overthinking this right now, and I’m happy to do this sustainably, i.e. 1kg/week or so).

So a week ago I started tracking calories. I thought this was going to be a REAL pain… but… it’s really not!

https://i.imgur.com/mB3d0lb.jpg

I just completed my first week, and I’m already down 0.9kg!

My first question, for anyone who might know: is there a list of ‘least calorific to most calorific, by weight’ foods somewhere, as an easy reference/inspiration for “oh, I could add that to my meal planning!”? I realise I need inspiration, and variety, or I’ll get bored and lose willpower. I just started scanning r/volumeeating and am already getting some ideas, but a big list somewhere would be great, if it exists?

I noticed, for example (since I started looking at and actually READING labels on foods) that orzo is half the calories by weight vs other pasta!? What’s that about? So I had that for lunch today and will have it again as it satisfies my pasta cravings and is half the calories. Yes please.

Are there any other great examples of less-calorific options that I can browse for inspiration?

Thanks for reading and I hope your journey is going well too!

submitted by /u/davenewt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Z3SDCzE

No comments:

Post a Comment