Friday, February 25, 2022

I am losing weight too fast

I started eating at an already aggressive deficit intending to lose 2 pounds a week. My initial calorie budget when I began was 1640/day and I started counting my calories using the loseit app.

When I started counting on January 14, I was 270lbs and 5 foot 7. While I haven’t shrunk in height, my waist has, and very dramatically. I have lost weight in the past when I was younger (I’m 23 now for reference) and though I wasn’t able to keep it off at the time, I learned through online research that it was possible and how to do it safely.

With that being said, I’ve never been heavier than 270lbs and so I didn’t know exactly what to expect when I started losing this time around. It is for that reason that I initially didn’t think much of the fact that I was losing more than 2lbs a week for the first few weeks. I knew that it was normal to lose water at first and then things would start to taper down.

However now at 6 weeks in, in the last 2 weeks I’ve lost 6.8lbs. Overall I’ve lost 23lbs in 43 days and I’m deathly afraid I am hurting my body and that I am going to suffer ill effects from counting calories.

As I am a loseit free member I can’t set my own plan, but I just the other day received a warning message that despite my calorie budget being automatically adjusted to 1496 as of today, that it is not recommended to eat less than 1500. I am currently 247lbs (23lbs lost).

The reason for my confusion is, I am not at all active, as I am not exercising at all and I am unemployed. I spend the majority of my time either applying for or interviewing for various jobs and that’s been the case the whole time. My excercise level used to calculate my tdee reflects this, and is currently set to sedentary (less than 5k steps a day according to the in-app option).

Unless I am exercising in my sleep, despite my insomnia, I am thoroughly confused as to why I am still losing much more than 2lbs/wk.

Over the course of my weight loss journey I have been losing about 0.53lbs/day and while I don’t feel any energy depletion or anything like that, I do take amphetamines as prescribed by my doctor and it might mask the effects of my diet to some degree.

My question is, should I be worried? As I have never experienced losing over 100lbs before, is it possible that this is normal when my starting weight is this heavy, or do I really just have to eat more? I weigh myself daily, and there is no sign of my weight loss tapering off to 2lbs as I had hoped that it would.

submitted by /u/humanwritesviolation
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/h3sOno9

No comments:

Post a Comment