Sunday, February 20, 2022

Could use some encouragement on weight loss

Hello all

I just really need some encouragement on losing some weight. I've struggled with it my entire life, but the last year or so has been particularly bad.

The pandemic hasn't helped, but also my only parent had a stroke about 5 months ago and I am have been their temporary full time caretaker and moved in with them until they move to assisted living in the next week. After that, I'm going to be living alone again and changing a lot in my life.

I'm 29, m, 5'8" and just about 300lbs. I look pretty good at 220, and I'm aiming to lose 80 pounds hopefully over the next two years at most.

I'm an alcoholic, but planning on cutting that out as much as possible and have a plan for it. I'm also going to go vegetarian again, which I've done for years at a time but not within the last couple years, as my last job was a line cook at a french restaurant.

Currently I do intermittent fasting and I only consume any calories within 6 hours per day, but that apparently has not helped. I usually eat one meal of about 1000 calories, have a small meal of about 600 and then drink a case of white claw. Food total I keep to about 1600, but add on about 1200-2000 more in alcohol if I have wine as well.

I'm planning on cutting the alcohol consumption by around half at first and see where I go from there, and switching to a plant based diet. I work out about 20 minutes a day at home, mostly bodyweight exercises (60 pushups, 20 situps, 40 alternating lunges, 20 jumping jacks) but that has not seemed to help.

Mostly my plan is to start by cutting my alcohol intake and meat at first, then probably going vegan and possibly getting entirely sober.

I got very suicidal today when I realized how big I was compared to two years ago, and I just need to change something.

Tldr: I'm just looking for encouragement. I have a plan to improve things and I just want some support.

submitted by /u/spacelordmthrfkr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/bnh2DFl

No comments:

Post a Comment