Sunday, February 13, 2022

I'm really afraid of loose skin. Can anyone reassure me?

I (24f) want to lose about 115lbs total (from 252 to 135ish, currently at 246). I've been overweight my entire life, but recently gained about 30lbs due to some pretty bad health issues.

My weight distribution is pretty proportionate, I gain evenly everywhere. I know this is probably a good thing, but it makes me so worried that if I do have a lot of extra skin, I'll need surgery everywhere, rather than just on my stomach.

Right now I'm losing about 1.5lbs per week, which is right where I want to be. I do strength training primarily, with cardio and yoga mixed in. I eat healthy and get lots of fruits and veggies. I also avoid the sun or wear sunscreen when I'm out for more than 15 minutes, and I moisturize and drink lots of water.

I'm just so afraid I'll get to my end goal weight and then require tons of surgery. I'm terrified of having to undergo those procedures and I couldn't afford to anyway. I don't want to lose all this weight and put years of effort in to end up feeling self-conscious being naked. I know that a little bit is probably unavoidable, and that doesn't scare me (I know it'll tighten a bit over time), but I'm afraid of having huge amounts of noticeable skin that require really scary surgeries to fix.

Has anyone else lost a similar amount of weight loss and not had a lot of extra skin? Is there anything more I can do to minimize it? I'm really letting my anxiety get the best of me here and could really use some reassurance. Thank you.

submitted by /u/FruitBatFanatic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/UogczQX

No comments:

Post a Comment