Friday, February 25, 2022

How to lose weight while unwell?

I have had long covid for over a year now. Long covid has been a big reason that I am currently overweight. I am single, live in a different country from the rest of my family and work full time. Once you add debilitating fatigue to the mix you can understand how I ended up living on takeaways for months on end. Also the tiredness from fatigue makes me overeat to compensate for my lack of energy.

The past six months I have felt a bit better. As in I no longer need to sleep 14 hours a day and I can actually do more physical exercise than a slow walk. However my reserves of energy are very small and I need to pace myself or else I risk regressing again. This means I can only do small amounts of low intensity exercise and suitably spaced out.

I know that weight loss is mainly due to calorie intake and I should count the calories in my meals and weight my food. I have successfully lost weight like that in the past. However getting through my days: working full time, forcing myself outdoors some days to see sunlight, going swimming whenever I can manage, doing housework, seeing friends to combat the isolation, contributing whatever little I can to community causes I care about is an uphill battle. I am finding it impossible not to fall back to takeaways at least twice a week. The other day was a working from the office day. After lunch I was so exhausted and not able to lie down a bit, that I ended up buying a pack of 5 custard filled donuts from the supermarket and eating them all in an effort to give myself the energy to make it to the end of the day.

I don’t know where I’m going with this. I just wanted to vent. And ask whether there are ways to lose weight while dealing with chronic fatigue and no family network to help you.

submitted by /u/blackbirdonatautwire
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/omGQ581

No comments:

Post a Comment