Saturday, February 26, 2022

Dammit, TDEE calculator

So I thought I was going nuts, because every time I use a TDEE calculator it tells me my sedentary maintenance calories are about 2500, when I know I can maintain on about 1900. 2000 tops.

Turns out when they say 'body fat percentage (optional)', it is absolutely not optional. I'm very obese, and a couple of different estimation methods (add up your waist and hips and subtract your neck, do a complicated calculation with your height weight and age, etc) give my BFP at 52 - 56%. When I put this into the calculator, my TDEE drops by four hundred calories.

Sheesh. I know the world isn't exactly set up for people with a BMI over 40, but is it too much to expect the weight loss tools to take us into account?!

Anyway, rant over. I went for an 8 mile hike today so at least that wasn't very sedentary of me. Damn desk job, I've got to make more of an effort - at least it's spring soon.

submitted by /u/geeoharee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/4eFzQIH

No comments:

Post a Comment