Monday, February 21, 2022

My Morbid Obesity and the Symptoms I live with DAILY (120+ Pounds Overweight)

My current weight - 348 Pounds

My current height - 6'2

My symptoms

Gerd

Sleep Apnea

Anxiety

Depression

Lower Back Pain

Neck Pain

Brain Fog

Fatigue

Shortness of Breath

Migraines

These are the symptoms I live with while also being over 120 pounds overweight. My mother passed away in 2017 and since then I've gone through the worst depression of my life. I have always been overweight, but my usual high would be 310 pounds and then I would diet down to around 280 to 270. I wake up a total of 5 to 6 times every single night and experience day time dizziness/fatigue/brain fog every single day 24/7 because of it. Very seldomly do I feel 80 percent healthy (haven't felt 100 percent since college). In July of 2021 I experienced what I thought to be a heart attack that turned into a panic attack that lasted 5 hours. I then experienced shortness of breath the entire next 24 hours. My recliner in my room had broke a few months before this which was the only way I was able to sleep (I broke it due to my weight) so I had no choice but to try and sleep on my bed for the next few months. Sleeping on a bed when you are over 120 pounds overweight is hard because I sleep on my side and it would take around an hour before my side would start to hurt, so I would roll over and turn to my other side. I would roll and turn 6 to 8 times a night. So factor in my night time twists and turns with the fact that I would snore heavily in my sleep and it eventually created a slew of health problems. Who thought my recliner breaking would ultimately make my life a living hell? I have treid multiple different diets to no avail, but all of that stops today. Today is day 1 of my recovery and I am going to stick with it no matter how hard it gets. I am intermittent fasting and my eating window is 2 pm to 9 pm. The foods I eat daily consist of almond milk, natural peanut butter, black beans, whole grains and seeds, greek yogurt, eggs, berries, a banana, apple, spinach and kale. I calculated my daily calory intake at around 1800 calories. I will also be starting my walking at around 90 minutes a day and I will slowly bump it up to 2 hours daily when my body is light enough to handle it. I am morbidly obese and these are the symptoms I am haunted with daily. Constant brain fog from sleep deprivation, migraine headaches, neck and back pain on the daily can really weigh on someones mental health. Knowing the hell I am currently going through should make this weight loss journey that much easier to stay on track with.

I will give Updates in the future

submitted by /u/OfficialMPGround
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/0TPjKbR

No comments:

Post a Comment