Friday, February 18, 2022

Could use some advice

I currently weigh around 180 at 5’5 (female). I have a history of restrictive eating which morphed into binge eating and over eating. At the beginning of the pandemic I was 170, walking a ton and counting calories and lost 15 lb to 155and i was proud but not in a very good spot mentally. I got pregnant August 2020 and gained about 4plb up to around 200lb.

I’ve been trying to lose weight and find good habits but I feel like I already eat pretty well, which is frustrating. I rarely eat bread, mostly fruits and veggies and low fat Greek yogurt, chicken tacos for dinner (thigh, with onion and garlic and no sour cream etc). I live in New England so it is hard to get exercise in the winter.

I got too obsessive with calories recently and I was exercising a minimum of 2 hours 6 days a week, then I relapsed and had a binge.

I stopped counting calories after that binge (about 2 weeks ago) and felt like I was in a really good spot mentally, feeling good about my body, when I found out I gained like 7 lb in the last two weeks. I’ve been trying intuitive/mindful eating but now I’m just sad and frustrated. I’m already in therapy, and I have an appointment with a local weight loss clinic i used to attend.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :/ I just feel like I have to torture myself mentally (ie count calories) in order to make myself lose weight, and I’m not sure what to do.

submitted by /u/babydance1234
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ME6NWr2

No comments:

Post a Comment