Thursday, February 24, 2022

No Seriously, Weigh All Your Food

I'm currently experiencing the weight loss stall that many of us know all too well. While reading a different post on LoseIt to see if I'm doing something wrong or if I need to be patient, I came across this very important lesson:

This comparison picture was made by u/brbgottagofast.

Weigh all of your food. Your measuring cups are adding calories. The serving size in grams is correct but how many pieces/slices that equates to on the package is probably not. Even the slices of ham that say two slices equals 39 calories each. Or 8 M&Ms equals X amount of calories. If you don't think companies are happily abusing their margin of error so they don't look as bad you're mistaken.

I was completely unaware of this and I had only been measuring anything that I would guesstimate before owning a food scale. Now I know it's not just the milk and the cereal that I need to be wary of.

Maybe a lot of you know this, but this was eye opening to me and I'm really happy brbgottagofast went out of their way to make the comparison images. Now I'm more confident I'll see significant weight loss next month!

submitted by /u/ValuableLemon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/torWlRY

No comments:

Post a Comment