Monday, February 14, 2022

The beginning of my calorie counting and my recipes.

So I recently decided to finally start counting my calories. I've been resistant to it for awhile because I wasn't ready to take my weight loss journey seriously due to my anxiety and depression but I truly want to change that. My goal is to lose around 80 pounds. I'm currently working on creating a personal collection of recipes with the calories included to simplify my days and meal planning. I'd like to post the recipes I create on here as a way of sharing my journey and holding myself more accountable but that will sort of depend on how this post is received (Idk people might hate my recipes, wont stop me from eating them though.) So for your approval, what I ate today.

Today my meals and calories amounted to:

French toast over night oats (225 calories per serving)

1 cup fat free milk (80 cal)

1/2 cup water (can be adjusted for preferred consistency)

1/4 cup maple syrup (220 cal)

2 cups oats (600 cal)

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 teaspoon vanilla

a pinch of salt.

Mix thoroughly and allow to sit in fridge overnight. Recipe makes four 225 calorie servings.

Burrito bowl (667 calories per serving)

3/4 cups white rice (480 cal)

1 can chili beans with liquid (350 cal)

1 1/2 cup frozen corn (270 cal)

3/4 cup water

1/2 tsp onion powder and chili powder

1/4 tsp chipotle powder

Mix all in a small rice cooker and allow to boil. Once cooked, serve 1/3 of rice and beans mixture with 3 oz white meat chicken (105 cal) or other preferred protein, 1/4 cup sharp cheddar (120 cal), 2 tbsp sour cream (60), and 2 tbsp salsa (15 cal).

Aside from my recipes I had a cup of coffee with creamer, a chocolate chip cookie, salsa with tortilla chips, and some cereal (no milk).

My total was 1581 calories consumed. Overall my day was very carbohydrate heavy but I didn't experience any sort of sugar crash or excessive hunger so I consider it a win for now. As I become more comfortable with calorie counting I hope to create more balanced meal plans for my day but until then, I'm just going to prioritize staying below 1600 calories.

submitted by /u/ProbablyBigfoot
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/yJaLQlZ

No comments:

Post a Comment