Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Finally, feel like I'm on track (using Ozempic)

I have struggled with my weight since I was 19, tomorrow I turn 36. At my heaviest, I was 140kg (approx 310lb) which was about 2 years ago and so far am down 15kg (33lb), I'm only 5'7 so my goal weight is really about 80kg (175lb). My weight has yoyoed over the years but has been gradually creeping. 2021 was the first year that I can remember where I ended less than I started, but it has been a massive struggle until recently.

After working with my Dr over the past few years around this, she recommended I try Ozempic to get my weight loss moving along as by that stage I had lost around 7kg (15lb). This was in mid-December 2021. Since then (2 months) I've lost a further 8kg and am feeling great! The biggest thing for me is that it actually takes very little willpower (arguably none) as I just can't eat much. My portion sizes have gone down 75% from what they used to be and I'm rarely hungry. I feel like how I think normal people do with food where you eat and then at a point get full and not constantly craving more and serving sizes being so much larger than other people.

At one stage I felt like I was cheating my weight loss journey, but this isn't a competition I'm trying to win, this is about my health and I don't want to be in a constant battle with food. I love food and don't want to feel guilty every time I sit down to eat and constantly fight with my appetite when I diet which destroys my willpower.

I'm not suggesting this medication or any medication to others, but it sure is working well for me and I finally believe that I will be able to get down to my goal weight again and I can't wait to see my scale to drop below 100kg (220lb) for the first time in about 8 years.

submitted by /u/mickskitz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Uw8e3xc

No comments:

Post a Comment