Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Having trouble figuring out my calorie goal

I’m starting to more closely watch what I eat and continue my weight loss. I gained some back since my lowest weight, but not spiraling out of control or anything.

I thought this would be a good time to recalculate my calorie goal and I just want to make sure I’m setting myself up for success.

I may need to update my flair, but I’m 27M 5’1’’ and about 245lbs. I work a sedentary job but I walk about 2-3 miles per day now (generally 2-3 separate walks of about 1 mile).

I used a TDEE calculator and for sedentary it says 2500 calories, for light exercise it says 2885 calories. Just for reference, it says my BMR is 2000 calories.

I’d like to try to set a pace of losing about 2lbs/week so I think that means my goal should be 1500-1900 calories per day to be in a deficit of 1000 calories/day.

Does this sound reasonable? And would you consider walking 2-3 miles per day “light exercise” or sedentary still?

submitted by /u/WildTomorrow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ISaQ3no

No comments:

Post a Comment