Monday, February 14, 2022

How often and in what ways can I reward myself?

I have a ton of weight to lose and at the same time I am also coming to understand and accept my transgendered self. Because of this, I want to set up a system of milestone rewards that provide benefit to both my weight loss journey and my transition. At the start of all of this, I wanted to lose weight first and then transition (socially, medically, etc.), but I recently had this idea that because transition is not the same for any two people, there's no reason I couldn't consider losing weight as part of my transition. It's all about working towards a body that best represents my identity, and being at a healthy weight is part of that identity goal. This way I can focus on my weight loss and not feel like I'm delaying or not working towards this idea of transitioning. Every day I lose weight or feel a bit better about myself is transition progress.

And so the point of this post is to come up with a system of rewards that keeps me motivated in my weight loss but also allows me the freedom to explore my gender.

  • How often should I reward myself? Every 10 pounds? Every 20? Should I have consistent rewards or rewards that escalate at more "significant" milestones (e.g. dinner out for losing 10 pounds but a full spa day for losing 50).
  • What are some good rewards to do? I think it'd be good if these escalated in line with my affirmed gender. For example, because I'm not out yet, I have no purpose to reward myself with a nice dress (other than maybe some lounge clothing). But as I work through transition, that type of reward may be more valuable down the line closer to my goal weight. However, something like a mani/pedi could be a useful early reward (clear coat or not) that could then escalate to doing colors and acrylics as I'm more socially transitioned.
submitted by /u/sloanthegreaterfool
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ghoUz48

No comments:

Post a Comment