Wednesday, February 23, 2022

I'm finally at peace with fluctuations of weight & the number on a scale during weight loss & fitness improvement

Bit of a rant, but I could also call this a success...

Until very recently (the last month or two) I'd weigh myself in a morning with a sense of excitement for what it was going to say. That excitement was short lived if the number I 'thought' I should see wasn't there. This then set me up for a mightily miserable day and lead to me paying less attention to food and exercise choices.

Through a combination of educating myself on how the process of weight loss occurs, improving the food I ate and recognising the fact that longer term trends mattered. I came to realise that these fluctuations were perfectly normal and that overall my weight trend was still on a steady decline, I rarely use the scales now and when I do it's an information gathering exercise and not a show trial for a mindset dooming me to fail.

It hit me like a tonne of bricks that the number on that scale paled in comparison to the improved stamina, skin complexion, looser clothing fit and gut health that I'd been gifted by dropping 20+ lb.

The number given to you by the scale is NOT a reflection of you, your progress or your journey. It's taken me almost 10 years of yo-yo dieting, self hate and frustration to make this discovery, but now that I have, there's no mountain I can't climb to reach my fitness and health goals.

I wish you every success in your fitness journey, you CAN do it!

submitted by /u/CertainWeekend2051
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ETjFKU

No comments:

Post a Comment