Thursday, February 17, 2022

I’m down ~80lbs… and I’m stuck

Hi everyone. I’m in need of some encouragement. From Feb 2020-April 2021, I went from approx. 230 lbs to 150 lbs, but I’ve been stuck there ever since (+/- 5-7 lbs).

My original motivation for weight loss was to lower my BMI in order to qualify for breast reduction through my insurance. I did it, and last November, I got my reduction. Couldn’t have been more thrilled!

The problem is, as soon as I hit the target BMI threshold, I stopped losing. I can’t seem to push myself any further, even though I still “feel” like I’m dieting.

Even though I am much more comfortable and confident now (in my appearance, which has no small part to do with how I perceive I am treated by others), I’m not happy. I literally had a dream the other night where someone told me that if I lost another 20 lbs, I’d look great – and it’s true, of course.

I’ve recently started taking Orangetheory classes, but the problem is with the kitchen. It’s getting harder and harder for me to feel satisfied enough to have the self control to stop eating large portions and snacking.

If anyone has been in a similar position and has any words of advice or encouragement or a story of how you overcame it, I’d really appreciate it.

submitted by /u/0-90195
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/WUCLjO3

No comments:

Post a Comment