Saturday, February 12, 2022

4 week Full liquid diet as pre surgical prep/weight loss

It was supposed to be 5 weeks but I kept cheating this last week.

Background:

I'm a 41 year old trans woman and 3 years ago tomorrow I had a sleeve gastrectomy. My HW was 460 pounds 4 years ago before preparing for surgery. Since WLS I've gotten as low as 215 right after my FDL abdominoplasty July 2020. Last January I had an extended arm lift and BA/BL. I started eating things I shouldn't eat much (or at all per my WLS doc) especially this past holiday season and regained to almost 260. Can't get out to workout the way I do best (roller/trail skating) for the weather and really dislike doing routine videos other than stretching.

Anyway, on March 7 I'm finally getting the surgery this was all for; I'm having bottom surgery (vaginoplasty). The surgeon says I'm GTG at a 32 BMI which for me is 236. My scale is reading 248 now which is down already because other than snacking my only meals the last week were high protein shakes.

In my experience my doctor's scale reads heavier than my home scale. For my own reassurance; and to avoid a BM post-op for a while, I'm going on a <500 calorie/day diet to lose the last few pounds. I'm also working out more as the weather and temperature improve. I'm doing a few miles 'run' in my skates around my neighborhood or a Greenway I like 75 minutes away; I do half marathons there. Bought a bike for days I can't skate, but can get to a Greenway I like for biking only 45 minutes away.

I'm sure with the shape I'm in the surgeon won't cancel me day of. But after 16 years and thinking I'd never get here; I have to be proactive. I couldn't do this without having had WLS TBH, but it's still not easy.

I feel like I'm rambling and not even sure why I decided to make this post other than maybe somewhere to share and get encouragement to make it through these first (and hardest) days of not eating any solids.

Thanks for reading my ramble.

submitted by /u/RainbowsCrash
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/BdgoqHO

No comments:

Post a Comment