Wednesday, February 23, 2022

To dessert or not to dessert

So recently, now that I've got like 10 pounds remaining and I'm nearing maintainence, I really wanted to start looking at it from a long term perspective. I was initially religiously keto, but then realised that it created an unhealthy relationship with carbs for me, and that even a single tiny slip made me binge eat a shit ton of carbs, because "hey I might as well do it now because I won't be able to eat em later. "

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely loved how I felt on keto, but this binge-restrict thing was really making me feel mentally down. So I thought I'd let go off strict keto. If I want some fruit or a slice of bread, I will wholeheartedly get it, without the shame or stress.

Surprisingly enough, now that I've allowed myself to do this, I crave them less. In fact most of my meals are still keto. I'm not forcing it, I just prefer them, and I really enjoy them.

I know weight loss is about healthier options and getting those calories down, but I kinda was thinking to challenge myself with desserts, and see if I can change my behaviour around them. The only thing stopping me is the guilt and the fact that why would I go choose the actual desserts when there's so many low calorie options.

I don't know, should I incorporate, actual calorie-dense desserts in reasonable portions, just to improve my relationship with them, or is this a stupid idea and I should stick to the healthier versions?

submitted by /u/True-Blacksmith-2506
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/AB19jLu

No comments:

Post a Comment