Friday, February 18, 2022

Frustrated and maybe I’m just hyper focusing

For context, I had emergency surgery back in Oct/21 to have my gallbladder yeeted. Since then I’ve lost roughly 40 pounds. I know that weight fluctuation is normal, and this is more than likely where the hyper focusing is massively coming into play.

My day before surgery weight was 263.4 and my lowest since surgery was 221.8 on Monday. I weighed in at 225.6 this morning. I’ve been fluctuating anywhere between 1-7 pounds since the beginning of the month. I KNOW that the fluctuations are normal. I know it. But for whatever reason, seeing the numbers increase occasionally makes me want to cry. It also frustrates me at the same time, because I don’t really want them to increase. And this morning was one of those days.

I’m still experiencing rapid weight loss since surgery. I’ll take the weight loss in general, as I was at 324 at my highest. The rapid weight loss since surgery has also resulted in body dysmorphia that comes and goes. Today being one of those days where I just want to cry. I’ve been talking to my mental health worker about it over the last four months, and one of the things we’ve talked about was to take the mirror out of my room for a week or two at a time. I know that the next logical thing to do is to move the scale to someplace where I don’t have access to it for a week or two, as it’s currently chilling out in my bedroom.

submitted by /u/little__pet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/hgwuTmI

No comments:

Post a Comment