Friday, March 18, 2022

My first post on here!

Hi everyone!

SW: 246 CW:217 GW: 175

I've been really nervous to post on here for some reason although I know it's not necessary to attach a photo or any identifying information or anything, but, here I am!

Today, I was talking to my partner about being excited about the changes I've made and the weight I've lost in the last couple of months. While we were chatting I said something I've never really shared with anybody. I told him I was always too afraid to weigh myself except for the moments where I was convinced that I would dedicate myself to weight loss and that I can't remember ever seeing a number below 212. He's a very supportive, admirable and dedicated person in general, and the things he's shared with me about his past and his journey through the dramatic weight loss he's managed to maintain for years has always really inspired me to become a more intentional, accountable person and finally confront what I've been avoiding for so long.

I've been weighing myself every day to the point where the scale is no longer intimidating or depressing and I don't beat myself up over natural fluctuations. I've been chunky all my life, and I've been told a lot of things by others and myself that have totally shattered my self-image. I worry that even if I do lose the weight I won't be able to turn that part of my brain that insists nothing is good enough off.

I've been the type to get extremely worked up and jolted with inspiration and enthusiasm around bettering my health through weight loss, but always very rapidly lost my steam or made excuses to not make time for exercising, cooking, etc.

This has also come in waves throughout my life with years-long pauses in between. (I'm 27, and this has happened maybe 3 times) But, I feel like over the past 4 months or so I've slowly said goodbye to and introduced things that are aiding my weight loss and it's helped to keep my head in the game.

Despite the (admittedly, somewhat uncharacteristic) diligence I've shown for the past couple of months, I just can't help but worry about or anticipate/brace myself for the moment that I'll lose steam yet again.

EDIT: I've been eating around 1500 calories a day, but I've introduced working out 3 times a week. I work from home, walk around my neighborhood to get things done a decent amount, and commute around NYC maybe a once or twice a week so I burn a decent amount of calories but have been particularly ravenous since incorporating exercise, I'm not sure how much or little to add to my budget. Sometimes I don't really know what to eat to stay full, or how to make sure I'm eating the right things even with a calorie deficit and I get overwhelmed by the things I don't know. I just want to make sure I'm not undoing my grueling workouts haha.

TL;DR: What are a couple of things that help you keep going and what resources helped you the best to make prudent decisions around nutrition?

submitted by /u/rdbullwithoutacause
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Jy68CMs

No comments:

Post a Comment