Friday, March 18, 2022

Struggling with self control around junk food living with parents

I’m 20 years old, a couple of weeks ago I began actively trying to lose weight again. I am good at going to the gym and keeping my meals healthy, I don’t go to restaurants anymore or order fast food. I live with my parents who are also generally healthy but when they do grocery shopping they don’t stop themselves from buying all sorts of snacks and high-calorie foods for the family to enjoy. I struggle with binge eating and when there is so much temptation in the house I can’t help myself but eat so much of everything, especially now that I am restricting how much I allow myself to eat, my binge episodes are even worse. I can have a good day of healthy eating when I am out at the gym, go to work etc but then come back home and ruin it all with eating so much of the unhealthy stuff my parents bought, just because I saw it and it was there.

Please give me any advice, recommend me books, articles, podcasts or anything? I am moving out later this year but until then I am really struggling with my home environment for trying to be healthy. I feel like this is the one thing that’s stopping me from achieving my weight loss goals because if there was no junk food at home, there would be no temptation. I also don’t want to ask my parents to change their grocery shopping tendencies or something because it’s me having no self control at home that is the problem, the rest of family know how to enjoy everything in moderation.

Thank you in advance

submitted by /u/hoisinduck1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/PVCd7S4

No comments:

Post a Comment