Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Need advice on losing weight without counting calories

I'm a teenage girl looking to lose some weight. I'm 162cm tall and weigh 60kg. I'm not overweight according to BMI, but I'm just looking to lose fat so I don't have a goal weight in mind. I know that BMI isn't enough so my measurements are as follows: bust - 88cm, waist - 78cm, hips - 92cm

I've actually been trying to diet since the beginning of March. It's nothing too restrictive, I've just been staying away from junk food, sugar, white bread, etc. and trying to get more fruit and vegetables into my diet and exercise. I told my parents about it and they support me.

I avoid weighing myself since weight generally tends to fluctuate by 2-3kg, but I've noticed that my belly's reduced a bit. It would usually poke out more than it does now and I'm pretty sure that's a sign I'm on the right track.

During the diet, I've been counting how many calories I'm approximately consuming each day and it's around 1100-1200. When I mentioned it to my mom during one of our conversations she said I shouldn't count calories because that's apparently an eating disorder. I tried to argue I'd only do it while I'm on the diet and would stop afterwards (since my weight has been static for about a year even before the diet).

I try to stop obsessing over the numbers but I'm just terrified of losing my progress so far. Our family had fish for lunch and dinner today so I had to eat with them. Nothing wrong with it, but it's quite high in calories according to the internet (for context, it was cooked mackerels). Calculating my calorie intake for today it's quite a bit more. I just want to make sure I'm not sabotaging myself.

Is it absolutely necessary to count calories in order to lose weight? I know CICO applies either way, but I'm scared I might develop an eating disorder. This constant tracking has left me restless, but I'm afraid of hindering my weight loss.

submitted by /u/YanagiHaibisukasu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/LjC6RZF

No comments:

Post a Comment