Wednesday, March 30, 2022

The day my view on food changed forever.

I've recently been thinking back on a particular point in my weight loss journey that stood out in a way that it changed my view on food forever. At that moment i didn't realize how important that small decision was but now in hindsight it was probably the one that made the most drastic change that will last with me my whole life.

At some random day during the beginning of my weight loss i consciously decided to incorporate calorie counting into my plan to lose the weight. you probably think oh wow not a big deal but let me try to explain.

I knew about calories for a long time and i knew what role they play in weight gain and weight loss but i never allowed myself to really look at nutrition and calories in food simply because i didn't want to know how many calories are in it. For some food items i knew a rough estimate like i knew that bananas are high calorie dense or that bread, pasta and highly processed food have a lot, sugar bad, fat bad and so on but that was pretty much it.

I didn't want to know more about it in fear that it would ruin food for me forever. Once you attach calorie counters to everything you eat, it opens your eyes to the reality. If you don't make that step it's like blissful ignorance that allows you to have a worry free mindset when it comes to eating food.

That day i decided to give that freedom up. I stepped over to the dark side, or i stepped into the light, however way you like to see it. Maybe it was naive of me to wait so long before doing this basic thing but I believe that a large chunk of the population has no idea about the nutritional values of the food they are eating. They purposely ignore it just like i did.

Sometimes I miss the old times, the easiness of it all. Just eating without knowing. But there is no going back now. You know what you know and whenever i see a bottle of wine, a bowl of cereal or a handful of nuts now, i see the numbers in my head and it will never be without those facts in the back of mind.

Anyway i think it was the most important decision to teach myself that skill and even though you have to sacrifice a little bit of innocence it was for me the most important step in how i manage my weight.

submitted by /u/1ncu6us
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/GNZopix

No comments:

Post a Comment