Monday, March 14, 2022

A reminder about exercise vs food for weight loss success

I (F 5’2” SW: 187 CW: 176 GW:140) have gotten back to weight loss after a slow 2 year weight gain during the pandemic.

Over the last 10 weeks, I’ve worked out for 28 hours and burned 10,222 kcal (my peloton bike tracks my totals) which is the equivalent of only 3 lbs.

For the first 5-ish weeks of that 10 I didn’t change my eating (even though I know I needed to). I lost no weight. For the next 5 weeks, I’ve been tracking my eating and eating at a deficit, and I’ve lost 11 lbs by the scale (obviously that might not all be fat, but it’s definitely some true weight loss).

Just goes to show what I’ve always known- for weight loss you need to focus on how much you eat- calories in. For health, you need to focus on WHAT you eat and exercise. Ideally you focus on all three at once.

I went from 210>140 in the past and maintained for many years pre-pandemic, and I know I can do it again. By CICO. But I’m loving working out too and hope it will make my body composition better by the time I hit my goal weight.

submitted by /u/geogabs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/idwmFL8

No comments:

Post a Comment