Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Apparently shoes are where I draw the line!

I've gradually gained about 50 lbs of "happy weight" in the 11 years since graduating high school, 10 years in an amazing relationship. I eat relatively healthy (a lot of lean proteins, grains, and veggies) and treat myself within reason. I'm tall so I carry it pretty well and I like the way I look - my partner has no complaints, but I've recently started actively trying to lose weight for general health reasons. I'm nearing 30 and I'd like to have a long and healthy life, so I have grudgingly accepted that weighing less will likely help me do that. I grew up in a diet heavy household (my parents are still relatively unsuccessful trend diet hoppers to this day) and I really had to fight to avoid disordered eating when even as a thin, active child I was trying to follow my parent's often overly restrictive or unhealthy eating examples.

All that being said, I've been pretty firmly against restrictive dieting my entire teen and adult life. But now that I'm trying to get healthy I've joined WW with a friend who has been on the program for a while, and while tracking food feels like a slippery slope to disordered eating for me, I have been enjoying that I can still eat all of the foods I want, just within reason or by budgeting the other things I eat in a day. I save my weekly points to splurge on one delicious McDonald's lunch every weekend, and I'm still able to have dessert most evenings with my partner if I want to.

HOWEVER - this last month I've been looking for shoes to wear in a wedding this spring, and somehow NONE of the ones with ankle straps have fit! Even going up a half to a full size hasn't worked, and I'm shocked! A few years ago I accepted that my cute (& expensive) knee high riding boots no longer fit my calves, but now my ANKLES are too big to fit into your average dress sandal?? I have genuinely never felt as big as I did sitting in the poorly lit, dingy clearance corner of a DSW looking at five pairs of sandals that I couldn't even buckle around my ankles on the last hole. Even a pair with a stretchy elastic ankle cut in and gave me straight up baby roll cankles. I couldn't believe it!

So I've reactivated my gym membership, and I guess it's time to really make this a priority. Apparently shoes are where I draw the line! Does anyone else have a weird thing that finally made them realize it was time to take weight loss seriously?

submitted by /u/hashtagfoxfacts
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/mv4sjFg

No comments:

Post a Comment